Tuesday, April 8, 2008

MY CHOICE


I choose to write about how I feel about the book. Bad or Good.

The book Fahrenheit 451 is a book I would have never thought of reading but for blogging I choose these book. It turned out to be the most unique and a good comparison to the future. At the same time it is a story that I could relate to my own life because I am a teenage that dislike reading books. From a young age I haven’t had the chance of reading a book that inspired my life. However, the book Fahrenheit 451 helped me look at the literary world in a different point of view. I had the same thoughts about literature and books like the world that Guy Montag lived in. Nevertheless seeing how Montag and the others like him to stand up for what they believe about the literary world made me open my eyes to a positive side of literature.

The courage of Montag and the danger that he risk was unbelievable. Even though depressing events happened that put him to shame, such as his wife running away from his house, he stood strong and kept on believing what other criticize and disapproved. Not only believing he also tried to share literature to other too show them the wonders of writing. This made me see how people are passionate about literature and the love they have towards it. It helped me to bring a conclusion about literature. It made me realize that literature is a piece of art that needs to be respected. Also, it seems as if it does not matter what happens to books but without it all man kind will not have the wisdom we all have today. Know when I look back and see all the chances I had of reading book it disappoints me that I did not spend the time to do so.

1 comment:

Sumin said...

I have to agree with you that literature is important. I also disliked reading when I was young. The only reason I read was because of school. However, after reading many books at school, I started to enjoy them. The books I read now (like Harry Potter and Pendragon) are purely for my enjoyment. I read them because I like them, not because I need to get AR points. Like you said, I am regretful that I did not read much when I was young. Reading is such an important thing, as knowledge is power. Probably the reason I am not as good in writing or english is because I haven't read enough. That's why I want to read more, at least for now. I'm glad you grasped that idea. This post made me think more about literature in a different way. Great job!