Friday, March 7, 2008

-Entery of my choice: My Thougths on the book

*The first time I heard that there was a book called, Animal Farm, I thought it was dumb. The book, itself looked boring, and it took me while to open the book and start reading. Before I started reading I heard little bites of the story. The more I learned about the story I had a negative thoughts. Time passed and I knew I needed to read the book no matter what. I took a deep breath and started reading. The first few chapters were the hard part of the reading, but as I went on the story became more interesting and more exciting moments happened. The reason why choose this book was because it was short and it sounded like an easy book to get an A on. However, as I read, the purpose changed that I actually like the book and wanted to read it more

4 comments:

DK9302 said...

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I think you are the first person to be honest about how you chose your book openly. Animal farm did look like a boring dumb book. But the way you described how you got sucked into it, wanted to make me read it too. Although you wrote little about the book itself on your other posts you showed great observation by noticing other characters and relating them to real people. It was a great post. I hope you can show us what controlling people without using power is. If not, just stick with the blog.

hnas565 said...

I thought the same way as well. At first, when i saw the "length" of the book, I thought reading the book would have been pleasant. I noticed that as I kept reading the book, my interest in the book began to fade away... I realized barely any dialogues were written.......

Honestly, like "on my own two feet" says, Animal Farm indeed looked like a dumb book. However, after I finished reading the novella, I changed my thoughts about it. By backing up the facts, the novel revealed the truth of the world based on its theme. In addition, I began to wonder why the author only intended to concentrate the setting of the farm.. hmm

I liked how your feelings were honest towards this book. It was as if i was you because you described it well, which made me feel like how you felt.. anyways, great post

Salome Yom said...

You thought exactly the opposite from what I thought. When I heard about this book, I was totally excited to start reading this book because I just loved the story line. But I liked how you were very honest about how you felt about this book. I agree about how your thoughts have changed as you got deeper into this book because this was true to me as well. I came to think more about the communist life and the "less equal people".

I really enjoyed reading about your honest thoughts on this book and great job!:)

Jane Kim said...

When I first heard the title of the book, it sounded fun than the other books from the list that I had to read for our blog project. I honestly thought it will be fun and full of cute animals jumping around in the farm. However, when I started to read the book, the story contained so many deep meaning, which gave quite a hard time to understand the story. It is a good thing that you changed your mind at last. :) I really like your honest response to the book!